Sunday, March 27, 2011

sunday feeling-Biscuits time

ehy lovelies,
just a quick post today, since this week did not happen anything exciting actually, as, exept for uni stuff, I was in sort of grandma-mood:


I just stuck my nose out of the door yesterday: helping my ex-biology professor hosting a sort of conference (actually I was just responsable of the welcoming part :)) and then  last night, hanging out with my friends in some pubs of the city center. oh-oh, definitely getting old!

I found some time to improve my poor baking skills: Biscuits with icing.
The recipe is extremely simple, and it will take you very little time:

WHAT YOU NEED:
Biscuits:
300 gr self rising flour
120 gr sugar
250 gr butter
2 yolks (or one egg and one yolk)

Icing:
185 gr icing sugar
1 egg white

HOW:
Biscuits:
Mix sugar and butter.
When it's all well mixed and creamy, add the yolks, and then, the flour.
Use the rolling pin until the shortcrust pastry is 0.5 cm thick.
Give your biscuits the shape you want using stencils.
Put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
Once baked, place them in a cooling rack before icing.


Icing:
with the electric mixer, mix the icing sugar and the egg white until the mixture gets smooth.
Apply on the biscuits.


the baking time depends on the kind of oven, so pay attention while the biscuits are in the oven!




Promise I'll be more regular in posting,
hoping you all have a sweet week,
xx

24 comments:

  1. MmMmM I want one of this!!

    Thank for your comment!!
    I follow u!!

    xoxo
    http://myshowroombyp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look tasty!!! :)

    I was just wondering if you are still interested in being a guest blogger? If you are follow the link below for more details....
    http://clarke--family.blogspot.com/p/guest-bloggers.html

    I look forward to hearing from you! Send me a message if you want more info. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear! nice post thank u for ur comment/ following u hope u follow us in bloglovin
    bisous m&c
    2stylemates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I really like your blog:)

    Maybe we can follow each other? If you like my blog that is:)

    Hugs:)
    thehybridize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo these look tasty! Which book were you reading? All the best, Natasha from the Rambles and Shambles blog
    www.theramblesandshamblesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very nice blog! Come to me)
    http://nastyafrost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm i could definitely go for some of those right now.. they look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delish! Yum Yum!

    Rapture x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy, thanks for the recipe!!
    Love your flowers i have same hehe

    Visit me @
    http://luckysparkle.blogspot.com

    Your newest follower,
    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous little baking skills :)
    I wish i could do any sort of cooking!
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. yumm!




    oppositelipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm, looks delicious!

    x

    http://rememberyourstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great! Your blog is pretty cool. I follow you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great blog! you are so inspirational and i just want to thank you for posting! if you could stop by my blog and check it out i would LOVE your opinions!

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks lovely! :) Definitely goin to give this a try :)

    franky xx

    p.s gave your blog an award xx

    http://snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. AAAHHHG! Sugar overdose! LOVE!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. just seen that I wasn't actually following you! I thought I was! Apologies! Hope all is well, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had a little look around your blog, you're too cute. Where's the UK love from? (It's cold and rainy here ALL the time!!) We do know how to drink tea though =P Lots of British love =) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a nice header and a wonderful layout :)

    please check out my blog !
    http://valliantwonder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww thank-you very much! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment ♥