Wednesday, October 05, 2011

An Autumn Taste

Hey lovelies,
Yesterday I was in the mood of baking something autumnal, to try to convince myself that even with 30°C degrees out there, is Autumn and it will be Christmas before we know it!
This weather kind of scares me, as it's not normal to have this temperature on the 5th of October!

So yesterday's choice was the Honey Pumpkin Pie:


Ingredients:

2 medium eggs
½ cup honey
¾ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
1 ½ cups pureed cooked pumpkin
¾ cup milk
One prepared pie shell

I made a small-medium pie and three little ones as I had some mixture left over.

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until yolks and whites are well blended. Gradually beat in honey until incorporated and thick. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and ginger.


  3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and milk. Pour into egg mixture, whisk until smooth, and pour into pie shell.

    Boiled Pumpkin before smashing it


    Poured into the pie shells


  4. Bake 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 350°F, and continue baking 20 to 25 minutes, until filling is firm. Remove and cool before serving.

    This is how mine looked. It's not really good looking, but I assure you it is TASTY! 
    If you want a better version of it, I took the recipe from here!


    Have a good day :)
    xx

20 comments:

  1. I've never baked or cooked anything with pumpkin in before, it seems such an American thing! I wonder what our traditionally English recipe would be? This sounds yummy though, might give it a go! :)

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! they look so good! i like that they aren't perfect looking and are a bit rustic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good! yummmmm!
    thanks for stopping by my blog, we should follow each other!

    @CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love this!
    Following you for sure :D
    And i am from England! :P

    http://thatannoyingblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this recipie! I've wanted to try pumpkin pie for ages (it's not a swedish tradition in any way)! And this looks really good! Might try it some day!
    Have a nice weekend!

    //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks sooo good, I haven't had pumpkin pie in years and years. Feel like making one now! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious!! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) I just started following your blog.. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice !! I like it !

    http://itsluckynumberseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! sounds delicious!

    THANKS FOR LEAVING THAT AMAZING COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!

    AM A NEW FOLLOWER..HOPE YOU CAN FOLLOW BACK!

    xoxo
    http://www.thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. www.lengualargafaldacorta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow this looks amazing! Can't believe you still have 30 degree heat though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I gave you an award! Go to my blog if you want to check it out :)

    http://caityheartsfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really yummy!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh yum and drool!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmm that looks yummy

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment ♥