Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Tag

I saw this Christmas tag pretty everywhere, so I thought it would be nice to give it a go, as Christmas is my favourite time of the year!
Feel free to do it in your blog, tag yourself :) and if you do, please leave a comment below, as I'd love to read your own answers!

1. What is your favourite holiday movie?
 Hands down, 'Love Actually' and 'The Grinch'. they really make me feel the Christmas atmosphere! I could watch them over and over again without getting tired!
 
2. What is your favourite Christmas colour?
I'd say red and gold. And the more glitter the better!
 
3.  Do you like to stay in your pjs or get dressed up for Christmas?
I stay in my pjs in the morning,we have breakfast, but then I dress up to go at my aunt's house, for our big Christmas meal! 
 
4. If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be?
what kind of question is that? :) I don't really know, it would probably be my sister, or my mum. or dad. or friends, or boyfriend. I just can't make a decision!
 
5. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
We usually open our presents on Christmas eve, after we have had Christmas Eve dinner with my aunt (my dad's sister) and her family, and then even on Christmas day when we are with the other part of the family. When me, my sister and my cousins were little, our uncle used to dress like Father Christmas and give us our presents. It's one of the best and sweetest memory I have of  Christmas time :) 
 
6. Have you ever built a gingerbread house?
No I haven't, it's an american tradition isn't it? But this year I want to try to bake Gingerbread men! :) (If anyone has a good and simple recipe, please write it in the comment box!)
 
7. What do you like to do on your Christmas break?
It's pretty sad, but we usually have exams in January, so basically, I study. Otherwise, I stay more with my family and friends, as Christmas is the time of year I love the most because everyone's happy (or at least they make an effort to) and you spend more time with anyone you love.
 
8. Any Christmas wishes?
I'm not going to say it or it won't happen! :)
 
9. Favourite Christmas smell?
Ginger, Christmas Trees, hot chocolate, and, I know it will sound weird, but the smell of snow/cold air outside.

10. Favourite Christmas meal or treat?     
In Italy we have a dessert called 'mascarpone'. it's basically a sort of very sweet soft cheese, with sugar and yolks (obviously you have to mix all very well), and then you can add chocolate on top. and then, one of my all time favourite, is 'chocolate salame', which is basically a salame shaped (just shaped eh :)) dessert made with chocolate, biscuits and almonds. it's super delicious and very easy to make!

13 comments:

  1. Ohh I love mascarpone, so yummy. I've never seen Love Actually, but I am having a girly movie day later this week to see it then! PS. I always use the BBC recipes for baking, and their gingerbread one is pretty good :)

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/gingerbread_men_99096

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mascarpone. The same ingredient in Tiramisu no? :)

    I like this tag. I might have to do it on Christmas day itself if I don't forget lol. Oh and yes definitely check out the mascara's in my previous post. They're both good. The falsies mascara is a wet one though, so combine that with another if you don't like the wetness :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S I'm following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Grinch too! It's my fave Christmas film :)

    Love, Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching 'Love Actually' I must try to watch it this week! I'm hoping to make some gingerbread later this week too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comment! I like the photo:)
    xoxo

    http://julyets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum that dessert sounds so delicious! please do a post on how to make it:)

    xoxo
    Rosie Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mum loves mascarpone ice-cream and I couldn't agree more with the smell of snow, it's such a fresh smell when you step outside and the air's all crisp. I love posts like this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful blog!!!i'm following you!! if you like mine, do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glitter of Christmas time!

    :)))


    merry xmas darling

    sending you happy spells

    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post!!! im ur new follower! hope u follow me too :)

    www.fshn4us.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man Mascarpone sounds delicious. I loved your answers! Merry Christmas :)

    Kristin Wyly

    www.wehatenikeshorts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment ♥