Thursday, October 24, 2013

'Thankful Thursday'

Hello little cupcakes,
so, a lot has been going on lately.
I moved to Milan almost a month ago, and being my very first time away from home (at the grand old age of 22, I know), it's turning out to be quite challenging.
I'm being tossed around by a mix of feelings, to be completely honest: excited to grab that independence I've been longing for for a very long time, inspired by the greatness of this big city (so different from the little one I come from) always offering something you can fill your free afternoons with, but also a bit nostalgic and home sick, feelings that have been exaggerated by 'external variables' that are turning my mood as grey as is the sky here (the picture right above is the only sunny day I spotted in a month).

So I decided to try to auto-improve the situation, focusing on what I should be actually thankful for this week, instead of just moaning and complaining about what doesn't fit in perfectly.
Before starting out, I should thank Lisette from Lisette Loves, who started this 'Thankful Thursday' ritual, and gave, basically, the input for what I think it is, a better attitude to everyday life.

So here we go, this week I'm thankful for:

-new friends I made at uni
-big bars of extra dark chocolate for crazy hormones and tearful days
-'That's bakery' choco cupcakes
-skype and whatsapp
-this big opportunity of growth I've been given
-new friends from UK, France and Spain I made in uni and in my home town
-tea
-baking

Do you have anything to be particularly thankful for this week, pumpkins?

Lucia
xx

3 comments:

  1. i love this!!!! I'm so happy to read other thankful thursdays, I'm really pleased that it's made you feel more positive at a time where you need it! xx love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely little post. And lovely Lisette spreading the Thankful Thursday LOve right around the globe ;) xxxx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your uni course is going well Lucia and that you're starting to settle into it a bit more now. I know that homesick feeling too and I hope it gets easier to be away from home soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment ♥