Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Adventures in the kitchen #4: Lime and ginger cheesecake

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14473189/?claim=rgx2d8yk964">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>






You know it's love, especially when it's love at first sight. It all began on a rainy day in July. It was cold - at least as cold as the italian July can allow - and I was snuggled up on the Boy's sofa, letting Pinterest and Blogs be my afternoon best companions. When all of a sudden, I came across this beaut on the lovely Lisette blog. Since I would have had quite a long afternoon ahead, and a solo one, I decided to give it a try. I had to make some tiny changes, just to avoid to go to the supermarket under what can I just compare to The Flood, but here's the recipe, it's again (as my previous Lemon meringue tartles ) really easy, minimum amount of ingredients, and no bake:


Ingredients:

300 gr biscuits
1 tsp of powdered ginger
60 gr butter
500 gr mascarpone cheese (I used 250 of mascarpone and 250 of ricotta cheese as that was what I had in the fridge at the moment)
45 gr icing sugar
2 limes (zest and juice)

dark chocolate to decorate the top

Method

Put the biscuits into a food processor and whizz it up until it resembles bread crumbs. If you haven't a food processor like me -uni life- put the biscuits in a bowl, and smash them with the bottom of a glass. If you are a little bit fancier than me, then you can put the biscuits inside a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to make them bread crumble like.

Melt the butter either in a pan or in a microwave. Add into the biscuits mixture.

Line a loose bottomed cake tin with the biscuits. Make sure you press the buttery biscuits down and tightly -as Lisette suggested, use the back of a spoon. Chill in the refrigerator whilst you proceed baking.

Zest first, and then juice, two limes. Pay attention and stop grating as soon as you see the white 'skin' of the lime. Trust me, it won't taste any good. Add to the cheese mixture.

Sieve in the icing sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.

Spread over the biscuit base and smooth the top with the back of a slightly wet spoon or spatula.

Again, chill in the fridge. It's usually better to leave it to rest overnight, but even anything more than 30 minutes is fine. What I do, if I'm in a hurry, is to place the cheesecake for 30-ish minutes in the freezer, and then move it to the fridge.



Love,
Lucia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment ♥